Monday, December 30, 2013

Buuuurn

Helloo friendies,

I hope you have had a fabulous Christmas and a good rest from the daily grind, and are ready to reflect on the year ahead and come up with ways to improve yourself.

I know I'm not.

For the passed three weeks I have been in Knysna, a place on the coast of South Africa. I live in a province more - a lot more- north of the coast, and in total it took 14 hours to drive here. We did it in a day. I find it to be one of the biggest punishments to be made to sit still in a vehicle for 14 hours - save for a minute or two to stop, get out, stretch your legs and go pee.

But we all made it here alive. And I have been having a brilliant time. I go jogging down to the shops every morning in my socks and slippers and there is a pool that is so warm you'd think that someone has peed for days in it.

Well, there probably have been many occasions when someone has peed in it, but let's not dwell for too long on that.

During one of my many days spent lying on my lilo in the pee-pool, I found myself pondering the meaning of life and trying to remember the last time I had a good cup of tea, and I then fell asleep. For 5 hours. On the lilo. In the sun.

I know I know, it was very stupid of me. It is extremely bad for my skin and all, but it really was an honest mistake. Pondering the meaning of life is hefty business.
What I still fail to understand is why no one ever woke me up. When I asked them about it later, they said they didn't know I was there.
I'd love to know where they thought I was...
Although I am pretty happy with myself that I didn't fall off the lilo during my hours of slumber.
 
Well, needless to say I was not very cosy for the next few days. I looked like a red blimp, and it took me around 3 minutes on average (we timed it) for me to be able to sit down.

The worst of it all was I didn't even burn evenly. My one leg was in the shade of a tree near the pool. So I ended up with one  bright shitty red leg and one still my naturally shitty pale leg.

Buut I was determined to not let this ruin my holiday, and continued to jog down to the shops in my slippers every morning. And after about 4 bottles of After Sun and 3 days just about bathing in sun tan lotion before going out, I went brown.

Which is really strange because normally I burn and then go back to white again after a day or so.

So my skin is now sun-kissed and Greek-like.

For how long, I don't know. But I like to think it will last a few years or so.

Hehe.

I don't think I'll ever try it again though. Besides the fact that it is sooo bad for your skin, I can't take back the amount of time of my life that was lost trying to sit down and stand up again while I was burnt. And although I am not one to really care about what others have to say about me, I didn't enjoy looking like a blimp.

So it's eased the pain of the thought of having to leave in two days' time. I get nauseous just thinking about the fact that I'll have to spend another 14 hours in the car again. But I just think about my tan and the nausea gets scared and runs away, for the most part.


I don't know if you've noticed the redesign of my blog. Kindly let me know what you think of it. There is a big fat welcome mat for suggestions. I also have two buttons on the side ----> over there ----> for you to put on your blog. If you grab one, let me know, and I'll grab one of yours' back too. *friendship*

These are the two so far:

 photo grabbutton_zps053f848b.jpg

 photo button11_zps5b9503d8.jpg

Meet Sir Pugsley

He likes the color blue and muffins. And he wants to sit on your blog and show his mustache off to people.


Enjoy friendships :)

Taylaaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you muchies for commenting. Remember to come back for an update on my majestical life.

Tay
x